For the beginner, this 7-week class series is designed to instill confidence in learning how to make your own dishes on the pottery wheel. Demonstrations include: centering, raising walls, throwing wide bowls, and pulling handles for cups, vases, and jars. Stain, slip, and glaze introduction to surface design.
- Gain knowledge of the historical development of wheel-thrown pottery and techniques.
- Develop the ability to throw pots on the wheel.
- Develop the ability to select and use appropriate pottery tools.
- Develop the ability to assess one’s work.
- Learn about current potters and pottery trends.