Beginner Wheel Class
Everything you need to know to throw a pot!
For the beginner, this 6-week class series is designed to instill confidence in learning how to make your own dishes on the pottery wheel. Demonstrations include: centering, raising walls, throwing bowls, mugs, and pulling handles. Stain, slip, and glaze introduce surface design.
- Gain knowledge of the historical development of wheel-thrown pottery and techniques.
- Develop the ability to throw pots on the wheel.
- Develop the ability to select and use appropriate pottery tools.
- Develop the ability to assess one’s work.
- Learn about current potters and pottery trends.
$345 + taxes (Clay, glazes, and firing included.)
Diane Walters/Sierra Kelly
Days & Times:
6 sessions (2.5 hours)
Fall & Winter Sessions