Beginner Wheel Class
Everything you need to know to throw a pot!
For the beginner, this 6-week class series is designed to instill confidence in learning how to make your own dishes on the pottery wheel. Demonstrations include: centering, raising walls, throwing bowls, mugs, and pulling handles. Stain, slip, and glaze introduce surface design.
- Gain knowledge of the historical development of wheel-thrown pottery and techniques.
- Develop the ability to throw pots on the wheel.
- Develop the ability to select and use appropriate pottery tools.
- Develop the ability to assess one’s work.
- Learn about current potters and pottery trends.
$345 + taxes (Clay, glazes, and firing included.)
Days & Times:
Six sessions (2.5 hours each)
Tuesday Evening – 7pm – 9:30pm – September 19th – October 24th – Pickup – October 28th 2-5pm
Tuesday Evening – 7pm – 9:30pm – November 7th – December 12th – Pickup – December 16th 2-5pm
Thursday Evening – 7pm- 9:30pm – November 9th – December 14th – Pickup – December 16th 2-5pm
Tuesday Evening – 7pm – 9:30pm – January 9th – February 13th – Pickup – February 17th 2-5pm
Tuesday Evening – 7pm – 9:30pm – February 28th – April 2nd– Pickup – April 6th 2-5pm
Thursday Evening – 7pm- 9:30pm – March 2nd – April 4nd– Pickup – April 6th 2-5pm
Tuesday Evening – 7pm – 9:30pm – April 17th – May 21st – Pickup – May 25th 2-5pm