Intermediate Wheel Class
This intermediate 6-Week Class Series is for the potter who would like to extend their skills on the wheel. Demonstrations include: making lids of different shapes and sizes, knobs, lugs, and handles, throwing taller and taller forms, teapots, and cover topics including throwing on bats and developing a series in your personal style. Surface design techniques, glazes, and transfer design techniques will be introduced and expanded upon. The class is designed to meet your individual needs, wherever your skill level. Consult with Diane and design your own series!
- Refine your throwing skills and teach advanced techniques for making functional tableware on the potter’s wheel.
- Show consistent progress throughout the workshop sessions by throwing more challenging forms.
- Explore surface design techniques: slip stencils, design. bases.
- Understand the process of throwing a series of cups and bowls on the wheel using your personal form and style.
- Gain knowledge of the historical development of wheel-thrown pottery and techniques.
- Develop the ability to select and use appropriate pottery tools.
- Develop the ability to assess and critique one’s work.
$360 + taxes (Clay, glazes, and firing included.)
Days & Times:
6 sessions (2.5 hours)
Fall & Winter Sessions
Out of stock